Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paying Tribute Part 6-Marjorie

I first met Marjorie back in January 2006 when I first interviewed for the Operations Supervisor position.  She was on my interview panel.  I remember leaving my interview Scott was waiting for me in the car and I told him I did not get the position.  Wow-what confidence right-lol.  I got the offer that week.

It was not until after the first year, going more into my second and third year at Head Start that Marjorie and I started to develop an actual working relationship that lead into a friendship.  I was asked to become the Acting Operations Manager for the program.  We worked closely together running the program, keeping it a float and along the way came many challenges for myself professionally and personally.   She helped me through those challenges.  She would always use Yoga and its philosophy during those times.  She even got me started in Yoga.  

Marjorie has always been there for me when I needed her.  I remember when I got my wisdom teeth out she took me to get them out and took care of me following.  She would spend hours just sitting on the couch with me while I was healing.  A memory to treasure for sure.  One out of many. Margie has always been in her love to me maternal in some ways, and always made sure that I was taking care of myself. She would always say to me, Be Kind To Yourself....now I know what she meant. It took me a while to figure it out as I have made strides in my spiritual journey.

After about five years of working with Margie she announced out of the blue in a meeting that she was leaving the program.  I felt a like someone had hit me in the stomach.  Hard news to hear at first for someone who has always been there.  The place where I miss her most is at the Yoga studio since that is where our friendship truly evolved.  As time progressed I came to accept it and was so happy that she was embarking on a new journey-new adventures.  She has moved out of state to San Francisco and I know that she is only a phone call or plane ride away if I ever need her.  

Margie and I at the Yoga Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment