Saturday, May 14, 2011

Paying Tribute Part 4-Mentor and Friend Margaret T.



I met Margaret a couple years ago and it seems like I have known her forever.  The picture above is from my 37th birthday back in August.  Margaret was hired as a consultant where I work.   I remember the first time I met her I was in a meeting room with some other co workers and I was thinking, "who is this woman and who does she think she is"...lol.


Margaret had such a strong presence about her and it screamed confidence.  Little did I know that my life would be changed forever in the years that followed professionally and personally.   It was following this time that she became my mentor.  She believed in me when I did not believe in myself.  She has helped me to see my abilities beyond which I would of never seen. All I needed was that extra nudge. 


Margaret is a woman that does not take no for an answer.  She always finds the positives in every situation or circumstance.  Love Love Love her perspective on things.  She is a role model for all woman who aspire to make themselves a better person professionally and personally.  She has accomplished so much and the funny thing is she is just getting started.


Margaret has a heart of gold.  She has a peaceful presence about her and when you are in the same room with her you feel like you are being hugged when you are not.  She is my sounding board and anchor.  In times when I need her most she is always there for me. To have someone that just gets it---is so refreshing.


To have a mentor and a friend at the same time is a once in a lifetime opportunity.   Forever grateful that she has allowed me into her life.   


Looking forward to many more good times ahead.  There are some friends that come and go into your lives, I know that Margaret is one of those friends that will be around no matter what.   Thank you Margaret for your " Wisdom, Dedication and Example. "


Love my M time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment