Saturday, May 7, 2011

Paying Tribute Part 1-My Mom

Hmmmmm.......where to begin.......so as I am sure all of you know by now......I am in love with Kelly Rae Roberts artwork.  

I ran across a picture she painted of a  Mom and a Daughter.  The caption stated: 

GROW ~ BECOME ~ JOURNEY

Pretty powerful words and all go back to the time that I came into this world as a little girl, my life experiences that have led me to who I am today, and my spiritual journey to looking within and finding out who I am as an individual over the past few years.  All of this would not be possible without my Mom. My Mom raised six of us, and wow out of those six-TRIPLETS. Full time job!

I remember when I was a little girl I would not leave my Moms side.  I never wanted to spend the night out, and pretty much hated going to school.  I remember one time my Mom took me over to one of my childhood friends houses to spend the night and she dropped me off.  As she drove away she would see me in the rear view mirror running after her...lol....I just love being by her side-I felt safe.  I have many other stories, but I won't bore you or embarrass myself.  

Even though I am no longer attached at the hip, Mom I want you to know that I still love you more than ever, I still need you but in a different way, and I still love hanging out with you. Especially when you are Spring Break Jane.  You have such a zest for life. You know what you want and you just go for it, pretty admirable.

Thank you Mom for raising me well and nurturing me into who I am today.

I love you and Happy Mothers Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment