Saturday, March 19, 2011

True Beginnings Part 2

Months into the Acting Operations Manager position is when MW and I formed not only a professional relationship, but also a friendship.  She would always take Yoga off the mat, and teach me the practices and philosophy of Yoga when things got stressful or challenging.


I was asked to go buy a gift certificate for MW, at Yoga Pura for her birthday as I have always been known as the fabulous gift buyer.  Love buying for others and it brings out my creativity.  I walked into the Yoga studio located off of 7th Street and Coral Gables.  I remember walking through those doors and having such a comforting feeling like I was being hugged.  I still get that feeling to this day, of belonging to something. Of course back then, I did not quite know what that was. As I was buying the gift card, I remember just being curious and I started to ask questions.  I said to Laura (who is now one of my amazing yoga instructors) that I cannot see myself doing Yoga.  In the weeks following, I could not get the studio out of my head.


The thoughts of going into the studio and the lessons of Yoga sat with me for some time , and then it only took a question (which in my eyes was one of my angels watching over me) that asked me if I wanted to attend a Yoga class.  I attended my first Basics Yoga class, and my world has never been the same since...........

No comments:

Post a Comment