Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Surrender to the Divine

I have been practicing Yoga for two years, it will be three years in October.  So lately I have found that it is harder for me to get to Yoga, but I know when I do go I always receive powerful messages in class that ring true to my real life experiences and even how I am feeling at that moment in time. This is the my favorite part of the class.  Each Yoga teacher has a different style in delivering the message. I prefer storytelling and sharing personal stories as I can relate to this more.  


Tonights Yoga lesson was on Surrendering to the Divine.  Basically, surrendering to what is in life.  There are good moments and some not so good.  I have found that when you are faced with challenges in life this is where the true test comes into play of taking Yoga off the mat.  


Sometimes you get so deep into over thinking things (the mind is a powerful thing, if you let it get to you) , stating the what ifs , focusing on the negative, and having expectations of others and yourself that you miss what that lesson is supposed to be.  You create so much struggle for yourself and as a result stress overtakes the body.  Stress, I have read is just another word for Fear.  Makes sense.  


I have been learning to make space for things and surrender to what is. At times it is a struggle, but acknowledgement is the first step to making a change.  Give yourself a break, we are all human and make mistakes. I have a friend that always would say to me, "Melissa, be Kind to yourself." Powerful words.  Who knows, when you surrender to what is something miraculous could happen and lessons can be learned.  Try it.............

No comments:

Post a Comment