Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Intro to Yoga

I started to take some beginner Yoga classes for a month or so with MW. I would look forward to going to class, and loved all of the instructors that I encountered.  Each instructor brought something special and unique to their classes.   I decided to take an Intro series to Yoga. Jen was my instructor, and I remember the anticipation and nervousness of beginning my first actual Yoga class where I got to experience what Yoga was truly all about.


It was (I think) a six week yoga series.  I remember being halfway through a class and a girl passed out on her mat across the room from me. I took one look at her, and felt lightheaded myself from sympathy pains and had to sit out the rest of class-lol.


It was the last class of the series.  I remember waking up out of corpse pose and there was a tiny flower and a hershey kiss at the end of my yoga mat.  Jen left us a present for completing the series.  The room was still dark, candles lit, and the sound of Om intensified throughout the room.  I was so proud of the fact that I stuck with it, my husband never thought that I would stick with it because usually when I start something physical like exercise I never finished it.


The more and more I did it, the more curious I became and hooked for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment