Sunday, February 26, 2012

Letting Go of What No Longer Serves Me

So I decided to write a blog and make it public on the things in my life that do not serve me anymore for one reason and one reason only-commitment. Commitment to letting go of the things in my life that are not good for me and only create suffering-angst which leaves me feeling not so good about myself.  This was a discussion in my Master Coaching Circle.  I took some time this weekend to not work, sleep and not think a lot except from our last coaching circle call.  Amazing what self care does and I feel energized to share some things that I have been thinking about here and there over the weekend:


I am letting go of the negative self talk.  I am committed to be happy with who I am and taking compliments by plainly saying thank you.  


I am letting go of overanalyzing things that are occurring in my life. I am in the process of going through many changes in my life more so personally- mind, body and spirit.  I am committed to continue to look within, learn more about myself, be happy with who I am, and grow more into the beautiful person that I am.   I do not however want to downplay where I am in my career. I am committed to being OK with where I am professionally. Between my work and volunteer experience it is moving me towards becoming more self confident and only helping me to grow stronger in supporting others to be a coach. mentor or role model.  The most beautiful thing about all of this is that I do not know where I am going, I just know that in this current journey I am making the steps towards loving more of myself, so I can in turn be able to help others.  My current experiences will allow me to only be a better coach. mentor or role model.  


I am letting go of expectations.  Too often I expect others to act the way I expect them too. I am committed to letting go of this thought process and just being OK with what is going on at that moment in time without judgement.   


As I begin to think and commit to letting go of things that do not serve me any more, it seems like a lot and yet it provides me with a sense of comfort knowing that we all have a choice in life. A choice to live true to who we are as woman and live the lives that each of us deserve.  It is so true that we have the power to make positive changes in our lives. A special friend shared this with me a few weeks ago and it was a simple statement, yet so profound. She said that I need to start looking at myself as the prize. 


I am going to stay true to committing to showing the world what it is that I have to offer and so it begins-To step beyond my comfort zones and lastly let go of the fear of failure, yet take each opportunity as a place to experience, learn, grow and move myself to the next level.  This is my commitment to myself.  


Thank you to Michelle, all my Coaching Circle Angels and Margaret for being there for me, supporting me and guiding me to take action in my life, as well as believing in me which has allowed me to believe in myself -spread my wings and fly.  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment