Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Legacy

It has been a whirlwind of a week. Ever since I joined the Master Coaching Circle and have been working, volunteering and doing intensive work in other areas of my life things are moving at a fast pace.  All of which I can not complain about because I am grateful for what I have accomplished and the positive changes that have been and continue to be transpiring in my life.

I had a hard time with this whole concept this past weekend and as a result was extremely hard on myself.  I have been tossing and turning around with the idea of the word legacy.  I started to think what is my legacy?  What will I be known for?  Initially I had this silly idea that I had to be a Super Star.  A person of stature and importance.

Then I came to a conclusion today which is pure and simple:  I am my own unique individual. The special bonds and relationships I have formed in my friendships and family members, the daily work that I do in my in my personal and work life, the trust that I have built with others and the support I have provided to others is my legacy.  Giving is something that I enjoy doing.  I will always be a giving person and I will continue to give to others and to give back in the community.

All of this provided me with a sense of peace and purpose.   In the end, I know no matter what I do in life, my legacy will continue to build and live on in the peoples lives I touch.

Each of us has our legacy, what is yours? Enjoy being you................

No comments:

Post a Comment