Saturday, April 7, 2012

Why I love helping others...........

I was listening to an archive version of Michelle Phillips radio show " The Beauty Blueprint" on taking back your power. I was thinking back to the first time I joined Michelle's coaching circle and looking at where I am today; then something occurred to me.   I have always beaten myself up for giving too much and trying to strike that balance between giving, loving who I am and being more kinder to myself.  I now see this as a strength because giving back to others only enriches my life and helps me to see who I truly am, by just that, giving of my true self.

I did an exercise a while back where I e mailed all of those closest to me in my life, including co workers to ask them what qualities they saw in me.  The list was overflowing with characteristics of who I am as an individual and even showed me characteristics that I never saw in myself.  It helped me to look within to say to myself, I am a worthy human being, making a difference in the lives of others and living life the best that I know how.

It brought me to thinking about why I enjoy giving back to others and helping those in my life including friends, family, co workers, complete strangers.  Learning to loving myself more, along with the process that I have been through and continuing to go through now in my Master Coaching Circle has helped me appreciate me and appreciate every tiny or large miracle that is occurring in my life, as well as the miracles that have transpired over this past year.  As cheesy as this sounds and as I celebrate the Easter holiday with my friends and family, this is my Easter basket, full of taking the steps to learn to love me-loving those in my life that mean the world to me and experiencing the tiny little miracles that have occurred and are continuing to occur.

Happy Easter everyone. I just added this picture to my desktop every time I open my computer as a reminder and to let those in my life that have been there for me including coaching circle girls,  friends and family that I love you too!

2 comments:

  1. Great experience MD!!!
    Helping others ...only way to live..

    helpothers.org

    Smile Deck is a deck of cards, each with a unique kindness idea. Each of the four suits is a different theme, and the ideas get harder as you get towards the Ace. You can also view all the ideas, and add your suggestions:

    Clubs: For People You Know
    Hearts: For Strangers
    Diamonds: For Yourself
    Spades: For Our World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Benny, it brought me to tears writing it, I love my aha moments :) Happy Easter my friend :)

    ReplyDelete